This recipe is a staple in our house. Our kids LOVE it and actually request it when we haven’t had it in a while. It is sure to be a hit at a holiday dinner or family gathering. And it is auto-immune paleo friendly. No mayo needed! I actually can’t believe how long it took me to get this recipe on the blog since everywhere we go people ask for it!
The original recipe calls for sugar added, but really it’s not necessary as the dried cranberries add just enough sweetness without being overpowering.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced (if you can't find Napa, no biggie, any kind of cabbage will do)
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries (optional, I like this brand because there is no added sugar)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (Bragg's brand is best)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- Sea salt (like this one) and black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl whisk the apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper
- Start slicing up the cabbage and scallions and add them to the large bowl as you go.
- Finally, mix it up with your hands squeezing the cabbage to bruise the vegetable so the dressing gets soaked up real nice. Or use tongs if you don't want to get dirty 😉
- Best served after a few hours in the fridge. Keeps for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.