I don’t often post recipes because I’m terrible at following them and I usually don’t remember the portions of the ingredients that I use.
Cooking at our house is something we just do and don’t make a big fuss out of it. I usually check new recipes out to get an idea of different flavor combinations and then wing it on my own. That’s the beauty of cooking, once you have some basic skills down – chopping, trimming, sauteeing, baking, Instant-potting – you can make a home cooked meal with a protein and two vegetables in as little as 30 minutes.
That said, this recipe is just too good not to share. We’ve made it for a few friends and every time we get asked for the recipe. And when I say “we’ve made it” I really mean my husband. I take zero credit for this recipe, he is the mastermind behind it! I hope you all enjoy it!
- 4 -6 lb grass-fed brisket
- 2.5 TBS rub of choice (our blend consists of salt, black pepper, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, coconut sugar, and ginger)
- 1-1⅕ cup bone broth
- Pre-heat oven to 350 to start.
- Trim excess fat off the brisket. It will always come with a fatty side that will get tough if not trimmed. Don't stress about trimming all of the fat, but get the majority of it off. This will help keep the cut tender and not chewy.
- Rub the brisket evenly on both sides and edges with your hands. Massaging the brisket with the rub ensures deliciousness.
- Put the brisket in the oven, uncovered for 1 hour.
- Take the brisket out, add bone broth, cover with foil, lower temp to 300 and place back in oven for 3-4 hours or until easily pulls apart with a fork.
- Voila! Brisket with a tasty sauce.
Here’s the out takes:
This would be a perfect RESTART® meal!
That’s all for now from my kitchen to yours.
Have you received your Healthy Eating On the Go Guide yet? Grab yours here! PLUS you’ll also receive a one time special offer for nutritional therapy services with me.