Pesto tastes like summer time to me. I am sad fresh parsley won’t be right outside my door step in a few months. So, I’ve been going pesto crazy the last few weeks. I just whipped up this simple pesto dinner tonight and we loved it! I hope you do too.
- 1 lb raw or cooked shrimps, rinsed and drained well
- 1 bunch asparagus, remove tough ends and thinly slice
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 small garlic cloves or 2 big ones
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste – I buy Real Salt for the mineral content
- Fill a medium pot with water and bring to a boil. Dump the asparagus in and let it come to a boil again for 4 mins. Drain.
- Fill the pot again with water and bring to a boil one more time. Dump the shrimps in there and let it come to a boil again for 5 minutes if raw shrimp, 2-3 if already cooked. Drain.
- Combine the asparagus and shrimp in a big bowl and squeeze half of the lemon juice on top.
- Pesto: While cooking the asparagus and shrimp, combine the parsley leaves, basil, garlic, oil and salt and pepper in a measuring cup if using an immersion blender or if you don’t have one, put all that in a food processor. Blend it up!
- Drizzle pesto on top and squeeze a little more lemon juice if you’d like.
This post contains affiliate links.