I really wasn’t in the mood to cook anything fancy tonight so I just threw a bunch of stuff together and it turned out to be a really great combination.
3 lbs bone-in chicken thighs (I don’t know, I’m on a bone-in chicken thigh kick, they are so cheap! $6 for 3 lbs)
1 TBS coconut oil
1 tsp paprika
1 TBS dried or fresh oregano
3 garlic cloves minced (I use a small cheese grater, it is so much faster than chopping)
2-3 cups sugar snap peas
Kalamata Olives, as many as you want
Black Olives, as many as you want (equal portion to other olive)
2-3 cups sauerkraut
1 TBS bacon grease (leftover, stored in fridge)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken thighs in big oven safe glass dish (you might have to use two if you’re cooking the whole 3 lbs).
- In a small bowl melt coconut oil in microwave, 10 seconds should do it. Add paprika, oregano and garlic. Brush the oil mixture on the chicken with a pastry brush. Cover with aluminum foil and pop in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil for the last 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and still juicy.
- Meanwhile, rinse the snap peas. Done.
- Combine the olives in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and basil. Done.
- In a small sauce pan melt the bacon grease and add sauerkraut until heated through. Done.
So good! Enjoy!
What is your favorite pot luck dinner?